Six Ways To Beat the Winter Blues
As the clocks change and the darker, shorter days set in, sometimes it can be easy to be brought down by the change of season. Here are some ways to keep yourself feeling positive and see your way through those darker days.
1. Long crisp walks followed by toasted crumpets with plenty of butter! It’s easy to stay hidden inside when the weather turns, but there's nothing like getting outside and stretching your legs with a nice, long walk. Best followed by a crisp toasted crumpet, smothered in plenty of butter.
2. Head to the beach for a dose of salt air. There’s nothing more refreshing than getting a good dose of salt air. Head down to the beach, feel the sand under your feet and watch the winter storms hit!
3. A traditional Sunday roast in a cosy pub with a roaring log fire. Head to your favourite pub for a filling Sunday roast, and keep cosy by a warm log fire.
4. Snuggle in for a Sunday afternoon film with plenty of snacks on hand. Sometimes it’s best just to stay at home, and snuggling down on the sofa with plenty of blankets and snacks to watch a favourite film is sometimes all you need.
5. A bowl of homemade soup with a wedge of fresh bread. You need to keep yourself well-nourished throughout those long winter mugs, so feed yourself up with a warming bowl of homemade soup and a tasty hunk of bread to go with it.
6. Get crafty and make something - homemade gifts always go down well, especially at Christmas and it’s never too soon to start getting prepared for the festive season. Or deck out your house with homemade decorations.